Sherbourne Primary School’s vision is for all students to be literate, numerate and curious with a love of learning and the skills to pursue this. We aim to develop articulate, collaborative and compassionate community members who care about the environment and each other.
We see our school as the hub of our community providing a “whole child” focused education for our students including academic, social, emotional and physical development.
Our whole school approach to high quality teaching and learning practice built upon curiosity, appropriate challenge and growth for all, enables the best achievement outcomes for all students.
Activating agency in their learning, develops engaged, connected students who are self-motivated and best able to be the flexible, creative collaborators life in the 21st century demands.
Our shared values of Respect, Responsibility, Learning and Teamwork govern our words and actions. These values provide us with a framework for the way we achieve our vision.
- Treat others how you would like to be treated.
- Respect for property, environment, others, self.
- Respect we are all different and that makes the world a great place.
- Good manners in words and action, show respect.
- Appreciating others’ strengths and understand others’ challenges/difficulties.
- Tolerance and acknowledgement of different ideas and preferences.
- Be the best person you can be.
- Taking ownership of your actions and choices.
- Making wise choices, doing what is right. (Good decision making).
- Trying your best.
- Showing leadership (eg in class, the yard, group work etc).
- Taking responsibility for the care of your belongings and others
- Show initiative in taking care of each other, our belongings and school.
- Take pride in all you do.
- Together we can achieve so much more.
- Being co-operative.
- Listening to and respecting others’ opinions.
- Friendship and inclusion.
- Challenging yourself, enjoy the challenge.
- Work hard, get smart.
- Have a go, take a risk.
- We learn from our mistakes.
- We love learning – we are inspired, curious and self driven in our learning.
- We value curiosity.