OUR SCHOOL VISION
Our school is committed to creating a community where all students feel accepted, respected and encouraged to reach their full potential, and are empowered to embrace learning, and strengthen their emotional, social and physical wellbeing.
At Sherbourne our mission is to provide a positive learning environment by:
- Engaging learners in motivating and challenging programs that are fun and enjoyable
- Ensuring our children are safe and happy
- Operating within a spirit of teamwork, co-operation and in partnership with the community
- Delivering quality, well planned and evaluated learning
- Maximising the opportunities for all individuals to achieve and succeed
- Fostering tolerance, respect and acceptance of others
Sherbourne Primary School’s objective is to enable all students to be literate, numerate and curious with a love of learning and the skills to pursue this. We aim to develop articulate, collaborative and compassionate community members who care about the environment and each other.
Sherbourne Primary School’s values are
Respect, Responsibility, Teamwork and Learning.
We respect ourselves, our school and each another, and understand that our attitudes and behaviours have an impact on the people around us.
We take responsibility for our actions, our learning and our environment.
We value others’ ideas and opinions, celebrate and respect differences, working successfully as a team to achieve our goals.
We strive for excellence in our learning, which means trying our hardest and doing our best.
- Treat others how you would like to be treated.
- Respect for property, environment, others, self.
- Respect we are all different and that makes the world a great place.
- Good manners in words and action, show respect.
- Appreciating others’ strengths and understand others’ challenges/difficulties.
- Tolerance and acknowledgement of different ideas and preferences.
- Be the best person you can be.
- Taking ownership of your actions and choices.
- Making wise choices, doing what is right. (Good decision making).
- Trying your best.
- Showing leadership (eg in class, the yard, group work etc).
- Taking responsibility for the care of your belongings and others
- Show initiative in taking care of each other, our belongings and school.
- Take pride in all you do.
- Together we can achieve so much more.
- Being co-operative.
- Listening to and respecting others’ opinions.
- Friendship and inclusion.
- Challenging yourself, enjoy the challenge.
- Work hard, get smart.
- Have a go, take a risk.
- We learn from our mistakes.
- We love learning – we are inspired, curious and self driven in our learning.
- We value curiosity.